Friday, May 9, 2014

Motherhood

“If I had to do it all over, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.”  These are the words my Mom would say if anyone were to ask her about giving birth to eleven kids.

I can attest to the same too.  I’d do it again in a heartbeat.  I’m blessed with two beautiful, amazing kids.

I delight in answering to “Mom.”

A “Mom” voluntarily takes on the roles of a teacher, friend, bankerchef, maid, chauffeur, nurse, party hostess, tooth fairy, beautician, coach, playmate, seamstress, confidante, magician, and when all else fails “Mom” becomes a rock to lean on.

We gladly comply with all the above, and so much more just to have the joy of little hands and arms wrap around our neck allowing us to breathe in the wonderment of young life.

There’s nothing that compares to that glorious feeling of being loved because you’re a “Mom” and knowing nobody or anything can separate that lifelong bond between a mother and her child.

Erma Bombeck shared her thoughts on becoming a mother in her essay If I Had My Life to Live Over:

…Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy and complaining about the shadow over my feet, I’d have cherished every minute of it and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was to be my only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.”

Motherhood…what a miracle, what a blessing, what a privilege; my own Mom had it right when she’d say “I’d do it again in a heartbeat.”

I’m honored to have played a part in this miraculous undertaking called Motherhood!

Wishing all “Moms” a Happy Mother’s Day!


God Bless.   

2 comments:

  1. Mother's Day was so sad for me yesterday!!! My daughter passed away 4 years ago!!! At least I was able to go to the cemetery and place lflower's and angels and little tokens there. Now they say I can only place one little flower!! One person complained some of us were putting too many things on the niche. Now, this means they take even more from me as her Mom!!!
    How can people be so cruel??? It wasn't bad enough they stole the angel's and things from me now I can't even place little tokens there!!!!
    I really hope the person is happy who complained!!!
    Seems like one person spoils it for many, many Moms!!! Thank you for listening!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have said a heart felt prayer for you (and all mom's who have lost a child). Godspeed. May you find peace through God's promises.
      Sincerely,
      Rose

      Delete