Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gift Yourself

Are you the type of person who likes to present yourself with a gift? You know just in case you don’t get that perfect gift; you got yourself covered. Well, this year I have found a flawless gift we can all give ourselves; a present that will forever change our life.

It will never go out of style and is always in stock. The best part is it is free plus you won’t need to make another trip all over town to find it. As an added bonus it also has a lifetime guarantee.

It comes wrapped up in a single sentence from a French Jesuit priest and writer Jean-Pierre De Caussade.

“To escape the distress caused by regret for the past or fear about the future, this is the rule to follow: leave the past to the infinite mercy of God, the future to His good providence; give the present wholly to His love by being faithful to His grace.” 

Wow. Sounds like just the present I need under the tree to get me through life’s day to day living.

All my past mistakes, every single one of my regrets, including the entire major and minor disasters I produced throughout my life, the total collection of all the time I spent going over in my mind as to “what in the world would have possessed me to act like that” is all to be given up to the infinite mercy of God. He takes it all and dumps it into infinity and beyond. I never get it back.

(Peace is forming where regret exercised control.)

As if that isn’t enough, He wants my worries and fears and concerns for the future. He genuinely wants control over that crazy imagination of mine that I always let get the best of me. Wasting time thinking what if this happens or that doesn’t happen, what then, He wants that too. My future is under control with His all powerful watch over me. I can rest assured that I will be taken care of, always.

(Comfort is replacing the spot worry use to invade.)

This moment is all I got, all I ever had, all I ever will have, I need to let His love engulf me, and in doing so I become whole under his merciful grace. Faith rules and no longer do I feel the need to keep rehashing the past or fearing the unknown. I’m living in the “NOW” under the spell of our wonderful God who loves unconditionally.

(Joy has come to pad my fragile heart!)

Peace, Comfort, Joy. I couldn’t have wished for anything better.

May you feel the present of the moment, and be filled too with nothing but peace, comfort and joy.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment