Friday, November 2, 2012

A Good Soul

As I interrupt my normal routine today to meditate on the meaning of All Souls Day, I do so with much reverence remembering the death of family members, friends, neighbors, fellow parishioners, former colleagues, past classmates, acquaintances whose life bumped into mine, people I barely got a chance to know, and so many other souls that lost their life from heart wrenching stories I have been told, and read about over the years.

With faith I pray for these souls, as they progress on their journey into heaven.  I also pause to pray for those who I know, and don’t know that are now facing the end of their life here on earth.

While we are sad at the death of our loved ones, which is normal, it is appropriate for us to remember that their life hasn’t come to an end, it has merely changed. Having a strong belief in the power of prayer we come to find peace and hope in the midst of sorrow.

Yesterday as we honored all the saints and the godly life they led I am drawn to their perseverance of faith. Their courage, and certainty of trust in our Lord helps me deepen my prayers. The great Saint Padre Pio would advise people to “Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry.”

Maybe it takes a good soul like that of a great Saint to show us how to pray with confidence on All Souls Day. As we stop to reflect and pray for the souls of the faithful departed we should take to heart the advice of Saint Padre Pio.

"Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry."

I pray heaven will come seeking all the faithful departed souls who have left life on earth. I have complete hope in our Lord, and His promises of eternal life.

Don’t Worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment