Thursday, October 4, 2012

Don’t Forget This

Let’s say you are going to be stranded on a deserted island for one day and you could bring one thing.  What would you bring?  Water, some food, a book, thermos of coffee, cell phone, pillow, a boat, music, matches, towel; these things would be quite helpful on a deserted island.  But, I would choose to bring some type of mighty protection.  I am a wimp, I’m the type of spouse that pulls on the covers really hard during a thunder storm causing my spouse to wake up and then innocently make a comment on how surprised I am that the storm woke him up too.  I wouldn’t want a knife or a gun; don’t want something that can be used against me.

I need some real protection, remember I’m a wimp and I wouldn’t have my husband’s arm to grab a hold of.  The protection I’m talking about fits in my hand; it can be carried in a little leather case with a snap and the words MY ROSARY printed in gold.

That would be my weapon of protection, a Holy Rosary.  Saint Padre Pio said that “the Rosary beads are a WEAPON of extraordinary powers against Satan”.


October happens to be the month dedicated to the Holy Rosary.  Doing a little research into the Holy Rosary I found out some amazing facts.  First off the Catholic Church teaches that the Rosary first came to be when our Blessed Mother Mary appeared to Saint Dominic in the thirteenth century with beads and instructions.  She told him that the Rosary was a “weapon the Blessed Trinity wants to use to reform the world.” 

From there till now great things have been said and done all from the power of praying the Holy Rosary.  “Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the World.”~Blessed Pope Pius IX states.  This is from Saint Francis de Sales “The greatest method of praying is to pray the Rosary.”

One final note on the power of the Holy Rosary by Saint Louis de Montfort (who is called the “Extraordinary Preacher of the Rosary”).

“If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I assure you that in spite of the gravity of your sins, you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory.  Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if and mark well what I say – if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon of your sins.”

Powerful beads, powerful protection, powerful prayers of the Rosary; it is October the month of the Rosary, wonder what would happen if we were all to say one Rosary?

I’ll start out……….Hail Mary full of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment